Prevention of Violence Canada (POVC)
Working together for a Canada free of Violence
POVC is an alliance of public health practitioners, researchers, educators, organizations and individuals working to:
- Foster national action to prevent violence guided by a strategic plan for Canada
- Garner practical support for public health approaches to violence prevention by all orders of government and in partnerships with civil society
- Encourage sustained investment in programs that work to prevent violence;
- Make prevention an equal priority to law enforcement in reducing violence; and,
- Promote the use of appropriate data and research.